Type 1 Diabetes Exercise Initiative
An at-home exercise study for people with Type 1 diabetes
Help us learn how exercise can affect blood sugar
The Type 1 Diabetes EXercise Initiative is a 4-week at-home data collection study. Data contributed by study participants will help researchers to learn more about the effect of exercise on blood sugar.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Had had type 1 diabetes for at least 2 years
- Are 18 to 70 years old
- Regularly use or willing to use a Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitor (CGM)
- Use an Android or iOS smartphone and have access to a computer with internet
- Live in the U.S. during the study
What does the study involve?
- Being active for at least 2 and half hours a week including study exercise
- Using a study app to track your food and exercise
- Wearing a CGM and physical activity recorder
- Sharing diabetes device data
Benefits may include:
- Compensation for participation
- Study provided heart rate data monitor to use during exercise
- Access to at-home exercise videos
Click "Next" to learn more about the study and review the informed consent
If you have any questions, contact the T1-DEXI Study team Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM ET by email T1DEXI@jaeb.org or phone (813) 975-8690
The study is being done by the Jaeb Center for Health Research and is funded by the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.